|Regrowing green onions.|
Next up are two projects I mentioned previously:
|Paint chip art.|
My next project gets a big fat “D”. I would have given it an “F”, but it is actually performing it’s intended duty at this time so I can’t call it a complete failure.
|Magazine bowl with lid.|
|Separated – the bottom doesn’t look that bad – it’s that lid that is crazy.|
I saw this on Saved By Love Creations and thought it was so cute. Mine did not turn out that way. I did follow the instructions, but I just didn’t quite get the grasp of how to make it wider without making it equally as tall until about 1/2 way through the lid. Not to mention, this takes a lot of time and is a little hard on the hands. Besides being sore, it made my hands really dry. The bowl is currently housing two Christmas ornaments that my darling children have broken and I need to fix.
I made these on a whim.
|Flare pants turned skinny.|
I got these pants at Old Navy a couple of years ago and haven’t worn them for awhile because they really flared at the bottom. It bothered me and I almost got rid of them until I saw this post from Lucky Design – Devon Lauren. It’s was so easy. I used Kamryn’s sidewalk chalk to mark my lines and knocked this little project out in under 30 min. I will give the finished project a “B” because one leg is uneven and because I actually didn’t make them as skinny as I should have. I was afraid I would make them too tight and ended up making them too loose, but still acceptable. I have worn them in public.
One of my better projects was revamping the kid’s table. It was pretty marked up with crayon, marker, paint, etc and while it definitely didn’t make it unusable, I thought it could use a makeover.
|My make-shift painting station.|
|I seriously had my doubts.|
Again, you can find people all over the web who have used chalkboard paint on furniture. I didn’t find one specifically on a kid’s table like this, but I guarantee, this isn’t unique. I saw this post on Babble and it got me to quit procrastinating. I have had the paint for about 4 years. I was actually going to use it in our playroom in our old house, but never got around to it.
I like making things for Kamryn because she is at the age where everything I make for her she thinks it’s amazing. She’s always telling me that I’m a good crafter, baker and cooker. So far be it from me to discourage her encouragement! I made this little tooth fairy pillow for when Kamryn looses her 1st tooth (and subsequent teeth). I kind of like it, but it also kind of creeps me out.
|Ballerina, tooth fairy.|
Is it just me or does the tooth fairly look a little drunk? Not only does my little fairy look like she is imbibing on some of Grandpa’s cough medicine, but it’s kind of strange where the tooth goes once it has been “lost”. You put the tooth in the fairy’s mouth. There is a pocket sewn in there. My mom made me a tooth shaped pillow when I was little and it had a pocket on the back where you put the tooth. I kind of wish I would have put a little pocket on the skirt or on the back instead of in the mouth. Irregardless, if you would like to make a baby tooth eating fairly, you can find the instructions and pattern by Mmm Crafts here. You will also notice that her version is much cuter than Drunky Fairy above.
And finally, my current project is this blanket.
This is also for Kamryn. It’s crochet and a star stitch that I found here. It’s courtesy of Free Vintage Crochet. They have a ton of different tutorials that I will be trying out in the future.
So there you have it. This is what has been occupying my time the last month. I’m also working on a couple of other projects for holiday gifts. It’s the first time I have had a deadline in the last 3 years so we’ll see how that works out for me. I will say this, if it turns out like I hope, you can bet your sweet britches that I’ll have another post up to show off my work!